New Building Supervision Second Project Launch
On the 13th of September 2020, Our New Building supervision project of 2nd Expedition Cruise Liners saw the launching Hulls no. NB918 (CORAL GEOGRAPHER)
The launching activity was attended by Mr. Frank Krone as Coral Expedition Project Manager and Mr. Wang Si Rong as OSM New Building Site Supervision Teams.
The planned delivery date for the vessel, is expected to occur on 15th Dec 2020.
As a sister ship to Coral Adventurer (NB886), the Coral Geographer will remain true to nature of authentic expeditions. When designing next generation of ships, we stubbornly resisted the trend to go large and glitzy so we can remain small enough to go to untouched places, focusing on bringing small numbers of like-minded guests closer to nature and cultures with personal attention and professional Australian service. Her shallow draught and manoeuvrability allow her to go where larger vessels cannot. The 120-passenger ship will feature the same state-of-the-art specifications and expedition features as Coral Adventurer, however, due to popular demand, she will have an increased number of 6 bridge deck suites with horizon bathtubs. Construction is well under way and we look forward to providing you regular updates on her build and future sailing schedule.
- Two trademark Xplorer tenders seat all passengers and facilitate comfortable shore excursions
- Six zodiacs for more intrepid exploration
- Lecture lounge for daily expedition briefings and expert presentations
- Small onboard library featuring books on destinations and wildlife
- Shallow draft and advanced navigation and propulsion systems allowing access to locations closed to large cruise ships
- Navigator lounge in the bridge
- Over 1000 square meters of open deck space including a wrap-around promenade deck with panoramic views
- Engine room tours and a high level of crew interaction with guests
Food & wine features
- Single seating dining with communal table serves buffet breakfast and lunch, and multi-course table d’hote dinners
- Showcase galley with viewing window creating fresh small-batch cuisine featuring Australian and local produce
- Multiple indoor and outdoor bars, including our Explorer bar on the sundeck for sunset drinks
- Curated wine cellar featuring boutique wines and exceptional vintage Australian reds
- All outside-facing guest cabins with ensuite bathrooms; the majority have a private balcony
- Active stabilisers to dampen sea motion
- Well-equipped gym
- Passenger elevator
- Wi-Fi available in all guest areas
- Steel cutting was done on 22 Mar 2019
- Keel laying was done on 18 May 2019
- Launching was done on 12 Sep 2020
- Delivery will be on 15th Dec 2020.
Classification: DNV GL: +1A, Passenger ship, E0, COMF-V(3), BIS, Recyclable.