MED1 Up-skilling Program
OSM brings over two decades of experience in the Maritime Industry, approximately 15,000 employees, 30 office locations, 600 assets under management globally.
At OSM Australia, we are a growing company going the extra mile to enable our clients to focus on their core business and we are dedicated to the training and development of seafarers in the oil and gas industry.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from Australian MED2 qualification holders who are currently looking to up-skill their qualifications to a MED1 qualification. By obtaining this qualification, the certificate holders will be certified to take charge of the machinery on vessels less than:
- 525kw (35QN) propulsion engaged in operations in any area; or 850kw (50QN) propulsion power engaged in operations up to the Australian Coastal -Middle Water Limits (600nm)
- 1500kw propulsion power engaged in operations up to Inshore limits (15nm)
The timeline for the MED1 Up-Skilling Program will be 9 weeks and consist of the below;
- Attend South Metro TAFE in Fremantle from the 4th of October – 3rd of December 2021
- Complete Certificate IV in Maritime Operations, Marine Engine Driver Grade 1 Near Coastal
To qualify for this MED1 Up-Skilling Program opportunity with OSM you must hold the below qualifications;
- Marine Engine Driver 2 (MED2)
- AMSA Elements of Shipboard Safety Certificate
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity or if you wish to apply for this MED1 Up-Skilling Program please make contact with our Training Coordinator Abbey Clements who will advise you of the application process via email on Abbey.Clements@osm.no.
Applications must be submitted by 31st August 2021.