Refrigeration Officer Junior | Carnival Cruise Line | Worldwide
An ocean of opportunities!
For a known actor in worldwide cruises we are looking for Refrigeration Officer Junior for unique career opportunities in the cruise industry.
Rotation: 4 months on / 2 months off.
Your Responsibilities and Tasks: What will you be doing?
- Supporting and working with the Refrigeration Officer (but not limited to) on the maintenance, repairs and upkeep of the vessel’s Ventilation/Air Condition and refrigeration systems
- Performing checks and repairs of AC Compressors and Provision compressors, ensuring that all parameters are in order and that HVAC system onboard the ship is working at all times
- Performing checks and repairs of the correct function of the inverters and other parts of HVAC system to verify that measured values are in the compliance with the position of the actuator and design values
- Performing all mechanical/refrigeration tasks and repairs under supervision of Chief Refrigeration Officer
- Assist the Refrigeration Officer in the execution of the maintenance and routine testing of equipment, instrument and automation as per planned maintenance
- Ensure that all aspects of our occupational health and safety programs are effectively applied
- Ensure all aspects of the company’s global (HESS-MS) Health, Environment, Safety and Security Management System are effectively applied during his/her working activities
- Participate in drills and training as required by the company
- Complete additional assignments depending on shipboard operations and training program
Minimum Requirements: What do you bring to the table?
- Basic Training Certificates as per STCW standard
- Minimum 12 months shipboard experience as Refrigeration Cadet or Junior HVAC Engineer
- Experienced with industrial refrigeration plants / HVAC system
- High School Diploma, Technical training with AC / HVAC certification
- English language proficiency
- US Visa C1/D – preferred to have in place
- Covid 19 Certificate
- Strong focus on ships safety management
- Follow Carnival’s Occupational and Health policies and procedures at all times
- Ability to work well with a team
- Being representative of Carnival Brand
Preferred Requirements: What would we love to see?
- HVAC experience onboard cruise ships
Please upload your English CV in the OSM Recruitment tool on OSM.no/Jobs.
Choose FUN, and join the Carnival Crew!
Apply the position and register a profile today, let OSM find you the perfect job match!