Provision Master | Hurtigruten Expeditions
OSM Cruise & Ferry
We are now looking for an experienced Provision Master to join our fleet.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Fluent in English (more languages will be considered as benefit)
- Proven experience and expertise as Provision Master on Cruise Ships.
- Ability to manage and supervise personnel of the department.
- Ability to comply with Company’s standards and health regulations.
- Commercial Awareness and cost control management.
- Responsible for the work flow in store keeping in close cooperation with the F&B Manager, especially with regard to the co-ordination of the Hotel department’s requirements and the set storing schedule.
- Responsible for all operations to be carried out with the utmost economy consistent with the agreed quality standards
- Work closely with Department Heads to ensure that all products required for operation are onboard at all times and that products are being used, accordingly; assist all Department Heads with the preparation of future orders, if necessary, and provide regular updates with regards to budgets, future orders and stock holdings etc.; provide a short financial overview and forecast to the F&B Manager and Hotel Manager, when orders are being sent for approval.
- Inform the F&B Manager/Hotel Manager and relevant Heads of Department of slow and non-moving items in the Hotel Stores and make suggestions to use these items.
- Very good IT knowledge, especially in MS Office, Fidelio MMS/SAP/POS Simphony
- Executive authority towards the Store Keeper
- Responsible for the stock-on-hand in all Main stores
- Implementation of the “first in, first out”-method.
- Close cooperation with the F&B Manager/Hotel Manager, including reporting at regular intervals and timely attendance (written reports!) of all conflicts and disturbances in the work flow.
- Always aim at continuous improvement
- Active implementation of the philosophy behind the product
- Constant improvement of the work flow and standards, including input for manuals and regulations.
- Supervision and training of the strict adherence to all agreed regulations
- (USPH/HACCP, ISM/ISO), especially with regard to security, environment and hygiene regulations in his/her area of responsibility
- Notification and handling of all relevant (unusual) events, such as damages, repairs, security violation etc..
- Implementation, introduction and regular checks of logs and check lists
- Duty rooster planning for employees
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Distinct economical, budget-orientated thinking, especially with regard to inventory management
- Ability to analyse and explain business targets
- Business fluent in written + spoken English
- Experience in complaint management
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive package is offered according to qualifications and experience
- Professional , friendly and supportive work environment
- Career development in one of the strongest Expedition Brands