Marine Superintendent | Singapore
30/09/2021 7 days
We are now looking for a Marine Superintendent in Singapore.
Contribution and Aim
- The Marine Superintendent shall coordinate the marine operations of vessels and act as support to the Fleet Manager and/or Vessel Manager and/or General Manager, Fleet in matters related to marine operations.
- When Marine Superintendent is on board vessels, he may act at Master’s discretion as an advisor regarding navigation, mooring and cargo operations.
- The Marine Superintendent shall ensure a good dialog and cooperation with vessel charterer and other parties involved in the operation of the vessels.
- The Marine Superintendent shall ensure a good dialog and cooperation with vessel management regarding the marine operation of the vessels and keep the Vessel Manager and/or General Manager, Fleet informed on such communications.
- The Marine Superintendent has a specific duty to inform the Fleet Manager and/or Vessel Manager and/or General Manager, Fleet on all matters related to SMS that directly involve the daily operation of the vessels.
- Treat safety and environmental compliance as a top priority.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s KPI figures.
Key Responsibilities and Role(s)
- Ensure that cargo and ballast procedures are properly implemented on board and verify cargo and/or ballast plans for compliance with all safety aspects.
- Ensure, in cooperation with HSEQ, that Navigation practices/procedures meets industry standards and are effectively implemented through implementation of suitable controls, equipment and training.
- Monitor vessel operations for compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, ensuring that it is effectively implemented on board.
- Ensure that practical procedures to meet the Company’s Objectives and Policies are implemented and revised as deemed necessary.
- Coordinate and arrange for Vetting inspections such as SIRE, CDI & RightShip inspections of vessels as applicable and follow-up on closure of findings.
- Coordinate Flag State Control (FSC), Port State Control (PSC) and United State Coast Guard (USCG) inspections and responses to deficiencies observed during these types of inspections.
- Ensure compliance with MARPOL and OPA-90 in relation to vessel operation.
- Coordinate preparation, approval and maintenance of OPA-90/VRP, SMPEP, SOPEP or other flag state required preparedness plans.
- Coordinate registration and take over or hand over of new vessels.
- Coordinate and arrange issuance and amendments to the CSR (Continuous Synopsis Record).
- Monitor the registration and follow up of Non-Conformities and planned Corrective Actions.
- Keep Vessel Manager and/or Fleet Manager and/or General Manager, Fleet informed about matters related to the area of responsibility of the Marine Superintendent.
- Carry out other work as required by Fleet Manager and/or General Manager, Fleet as applicable.
- The person holding this position should have served at sea having reached either the proficiency as Master or Chief Mate or held a similar position ashore for at least 2 years.
- Further the person should demonstrate experience in management of Marine and HSEQ matters.
- ALWAYS ON!
- TEAM BUILDERS