Global Head of Shore HR– OSM Maritime Group
10/12/2021 3 days
No'omi-Ann Berge Acosta
It’s all about people!
As a leading provider of management services to the Maritime Industry, we work face-to-face with our customers every day to ensure their success. To accomplish this we know how important it is that our staff are fully qualified to satisfy our customer needs.
The reason we deliver outstanding services is first and foremost down to our people. Both onshore and offshore, OSM has always been driven by a strong team spirit, and a united drive to deliver superior performance. At OSM, we care about employees and it shows in their performance.
The primary role of the Global Head of Shore HR is to develop, lead and implement the HR strategy of the company by leading the HR team. Support and report to the Chief Culture Officer and drive relevant projects/programmes.
We strive to work according to our values which are Responsible, Team Builders, Friendly and Always On!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the global HR Team and the Global HR Forum regarding all Group HR activities
- Ensure all Group HR processes, policies and projects are executed
- Ensure all satellite offices are involved and supported by the HR department at the same service level as the main offices
- Design and implement the Talent Management, Performance Management, Training and Development and Compensation Strategy
- Review, decide and monitor the proper implementation of all HR systems
- Develop and lead the Group HR strategy and the annual HR budget.
- Develop and review all HR Group policies
- Create, develop and implement trainings and seminars that promote the OSM DNA and culture as part of the Chief Culture Officer program
Personal profile & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in HR, business/people management, or similar
- Certified in behavioural assessments and experience coaching and mentoring
- Familiar with several professional HR tools for talent management
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization (senior management and frontline employees)
- Independent and able to work within tight deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Communication and stakeholder management skills
- Trustworthy and able to keep confidentiality
- Attention to details
- Can do-attitude to match such a hands on role
- Strong IT skills and understanding of Technology
- Ability to travel
We can offer:
- Challenging tasks and a wide range of responsibilities
- Personal growth and development for the right candidate
- Competent and exciting working environment, in a beautiful office at the seaside
- Competitive terms and attractive benefits