Digital Engineer | Hurtigruten Expeditions
We are now looking for an experienced Digital Engineer for Hurtigruten Expeditions.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Expedition Digital Engineer is the extended arm of the landside IT/OT organization and the ship electrician. The role ensures that technology works onboard and that crew and guests get`s IT-support onsite when this is required. A majority of tasks on a typical workday is related to the AV and media solutions and general IT related tasks.
- Fluent in English (more languages will be considered as benefit)
- Ensure onboard media & entertainment systems are used effectively
- Manage and maintain all media equipment, special Cineflex gyro camera, and Wi-Fi extension hardware and software, Bazeport e.g.
- Support crew and guests with IT and Digital solutions
- Train and assist Expedition staff in technical setup, Train crew onboard in basic IT system usage
- Tasks related to embarkation and disembarkation
- Replace and maintain all IT equipment onboard
- Miscellaneous task
- Relevant IT experience or IT degree
- Strong problem-solving abilities – both analytical and quantitative
- Good organizational knowledge, ability to seek insight and anchor decisions where necessary
- Structured, inclusive & positive, enthusiastic, high availability and capacity
- Passion for technology
WHAT WE OFFER
An attractive package is offered according to qualifications and experience.
With sustainability and exploration at core, Hurtigruten Expeditions founded expedition cruising in 1896. Today, Hurtigruten Expeditions is the world’s largest and leading expedition cruise line. Building on more than 125 years of experience, Hurtigruten Expeditions offers big adventures on small ships. From Antarctica, South America, Caribbean, Galapagos and West Africa, to Alaska, Northwest Passage, High Arctic, Norway and Europe, Hurtigruten Expeditions explores over 250 spectacular destinations in more than 30 countries worldwide. Hurtigruten Expeditions operates a fleet of 8 custom-build expedition ships, including the world’s first battery-hybrid powered cruise ships. We are looking for the best service crew on the seven seas to join our onboard teams. As an award-winning, innovative and sustainable cruise operator, there is ample opportunity to join a growing company and team of motivated people.