Chief Engineer | Super Yacht | Australia
31/08/2022 225 days
We are looking for a Super Yacht Chief Engineer for Island Escape in Australia interested in working 8 weeks swing on/off.
The Chief Engineer has the responsibility for the Engine department and is responsible for safe and efficient operation in his area. It is his duty to inform the Master of all significant conditions within his area of responsibility.
- Enhance safety and environmental awareness within his department
- Create a positive working attitude and atmosphere within his department
- Good cooperation and coordination between all departments
- Full compliance with OSM’s environmental management plan and external regulations
- Fulfil all requirements from class authorities, flag state, operator, owner and manager.
- Keep costs down and according to budget without neglecting the importance of a high safety standard and steady performance of technical equipment
Qualifications and Requirements
- Super Yacht experience
- Preferably +5 years work experience as Passenger Ship/Yacht Master
- Candidates must have all required certificates and courses in place
- Emergency management skills
- Excellent communication, management, diplomacy and service skills
- Non-smoker, as smoking is not allowed onboard
- Language skills: Fluent English.